The European Athlete as Student (EAS) network has been founded in 2004 with support of EU Commission during The European Year of Education Through Sport (EYES) It is for universities, sports schools and other educational establishments interested in high performance sport as well as sports clubs and federations which are willing to help their athletes in their studies. The main aim of the EAS -network is to support European athletes in combining high performance sport and education.
OBJECTIVES AND MEANS OF THE EAS-NETWORK
The main aim is to support European athletes in combining high performance sport and education.Supporting the “dual career” means that the EAS-Network strives to optimise the training conditions for athlete/students but also that their future gets secured by making it possible for them to get an education or vocational training, so that they have a safe platform to start from when their sports career is over.
THE EAS-NETWORK THEREFORE HAS AS ITS AMBITION
- To find and unite partners who are involved in high performance sport and education
- To identify and exchange the best practices between countries and institutions
- To present suggestions to the decision makers about the conditions for improving high performance sport and education
- To act as a link between educational institutions and sports organisations
- To develop research projects in the field of sport and education.